Columbia Adventist Academy was founded in 1903 due to the generosity of John and Fannie Clark, who donated the land on which the school now stands. Many of the schools first students earned their tuition by clearing the land, cutting and selling fire wood. In the spring of 1907, Columbia Adventist Academy had its first graduating class.
Many changes have occurred on the campus since that first graduating class. For example, until the late 1970’s, Columbia served both day and boarding students. Today, we are a day school largely serving Clark County and Portland students. In 2009, we moved into a new administrative and classroom building. The school has continued its tradition of providing quality Christian education for its students.